To provide first-generation college-bound students with academic readiness and resources necessary to access and graduate from a four-year college or university.
Upward Bound Fort Bragg (UBFB) is a federally funded TRIO program. UBFB serves students attending Fort Bragg High School.
- Participate in the program throughout four years of high school.
- Attend a six-week summer program at Fort Bragg High School.
- Enroll in the following A-G college preparatory high school classes: English, 4 years; Mathematics, 3+ years; Science with Lab, 2+ years; Foreign Language, 2+ years; Social Science, 2 years; Visual and Performing Arts, 1 year; College Prep elective, 1 year.
- Maintain good academic standing in all classes.
- Attend parent workshops designed to provide support and understanding of the educational process.
- Attend program orientations and awards ceremonies.
Academic Year Services
- Academic advising and guidance.
- Assistance for juniors and seniors regarding college applications, financial aid, and preparation for the EPT/ELM and SAT/ACT college entrance examinations
- Social, cultural, and educational field trips to northern/southern California and other exciting places.
- Awards Ceremony where students' achievements are recognized.
- College tours to four-year colleges and universities in California such as University of California-Los Angeles, Stanford University, University of California-Davis, California Polytechnic Institute, and St. Mary's College.
Summer Session Services
- Six-week academic program at Fort Bragg High School.
- Online college classes.
- Academic needs assessment and advising.
- One-week collegiate residential experience at a four-year university.
- Field trips and social/cultural/educational activities.
- ACT, SAT and ELM/EPT workshops.
- College tours.