To provide first-generation college-bound students with academic readiness and resources necessary to access and graduate from a four-year college or university.
Upward Bound Lower Lake (UBL) is a federally funded TRIO program serving students attending Lower Lake High School (LLHS), in Lake County, California.
- Enroll in Upward Bound elective class at LLHS
- Participate in the program throughout four years of high school
- Attend a six-week summer programming at LLHS
- Enroll in the following A-G college preparatory high school classes: English, 4 years; Mathematics, 3+ years; Science with Lab, 2+ years; Foreign Language, 2+ years; Social Science, 2 years; Visual and Performing Arts, 1 year; College Prep elective, 1 year
- Maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00
- Attend parent workshops designed to provide support and understanding of the educational process
- Attend program orientations and awards ceremonies
Academic Year Services
- Academic advising and guidance
- Assistance for juniors and seniors regarding college application, financial aid, and preparation for the EPT/ELM and SAT/ACT college entrance examinations
- Social, cultural, and educational field trips to northern/southern California and other exciting places.
- Awards Ceremony where students' achievements are recognized
- College tours to four-year colleges and universities in California such as University of California Los Angeles, Stanford University, University of California Davis, California Polytechnic Institute, and St. Mary's College
Summer Session Services
- 6-week academic program at LLHS
- Online college classes
- 1-week collegiate residential experience at a 4-year university
- Field trips and social/cultural/educational activities
- ACT, SAT and ELM/EPT Workshops
- College tours
For more information regarding this program please contact the program at (707) 994-6471 x2777